The Global Engineering Services Division crafts and engineers a sustainable future with world class technical expertise. Our interdisciplinary, global, committed teams serve the BASF businesses to grow with our customers, products and markets. We add value by delivering competitive execution of investments. On construction sites across the globe, we deliver safe and reliable solutions to build and keep BASF assets operating at top performance. In doing so, we continuously improve and drive digital transformation.
The Conceptual Process Engineering group offers a wide Range of services in the field of conceptual development and reengineering of production processes.
- As a Conceptual Process Engineer you will be responsible for the the development of process plant concepts as the basis for our worldwide investment projects.
- As part of a team with other technical units, you will develop the process engineering boundary conditions and find Possibilities for further optimisation of the processes.
- In the focus on batch processes, you will use methods for both discrete-time modelling and thermodynamic simulation and drive their development forward advancing.
- You will use your knowledge to further optimise the entire plant life cycle, from support of the research through the investment project to operation support.
- Moreover, you will also take advantage of the opportunities for the progressive Digitisation and further integration of your results into the the digital planning workflow.
- Last but not least, you work actively and on your own initiative in interdisciplinary project teams in the engineering network at BASF.
- Degree (M.Sc, diploma, doctorate) in the field of Process engineering or chemical engineering
- Ideally, first experience with continuous as well as batch processes
- Sound knowledge of all process engineering separation operations
- Experience with process simulation tools, ideally also with dynamic or discrete-time modelling
- Analytical and structured way of working, in order to be able to your customers and to advise them in the best possible way
- Confident as well as goal-oriented and clear communication in German and English, in order to be able to communicate even complex understandable
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Your contribution to a sustainable future because sustainability lies at the heart of everything we do and is a driver of growth.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Please reach out to Fabienne Gläsel, Tel.:+49 30 2005-58121
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
BASF SE, located in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, is the corporate headquarters of the BASF Group and part of the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region. BASF stands for competence in chemistry since 1865 and is represented today in the world's major consumer markets, with a wide range of products. As the largest employer in the region, BASF SE offers multiple career opportunities for students, university graduates and professionals providing also training in over 30 professions. Leisure, sports, culture and a good infrastructure characterize the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region, in which BASF is also involved with numerous activities. Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/BASFSE_LU