for the Gelsenkirchen site
At bp we only have one thing in mind: the energy of tomorrow. We want to rethink energy so that we are climate neutral by 2050 at the latest. And so that the world can too. To this end, we are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our around 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. With the products and services of our brands bp, Aral and Castrol, you secure energy and mobility for millions of people every day - today and in the future.
Your area of responsibility:
You will strengthen a team of process safety engineers who are responsible for the management of risk processes and the creation of comprehensive safety concepts to avoid malfunctions, incidents and injuries. Implementation of bp policies and updating of instructions are also part of your tasks. In addition, you will take on management responsibility for individual plant safety issues within the scope of the area of responsibility.
The main tasks include the following:
What you should bring with you:
- Ensuring the avoidance of incidents and other safety and environmental events, including incident management (root cause analyzes).
- Review of changes to existing systems as part of the management of change process; Support with approval procedures.
- Collaboration in the creation and updating of safety reports and explosion protection documents.
- Participation in the development and updating of standards for plant safety, taking into account legal requirements as well as specific bp specifications and lessons learned reports. Maintaining and improving process and work instructions in connection with plant safety.
- Support with activities of the supervisory authorities (authority inspection according to StörfallV) as well as with audits of insurance companies.
- Assumption of responsibility for the monitoring of system safety-relevant protective functions.
And you can expect that
- Recognized engineering degree or comparable scientific academic training.
- Safety-related training (e.g. SiFa) desirable.
- Several years of experience in plant safety / mechanics / maintenance / plant construction / machine technology.
- Very good knowledge of English.
- bp stands for agile work in a digitized, team-oriented and international work environment.
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of vacation.
- Attractive remuneration package (company pension scheme, bonus and share program, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits).
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities.
- Structured onboarding program and buddy support.
- Subsidized canteen as well as free hot drinks and water.
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to charitable organizations and rewards volunteer time.
- Employees can offset their personal CO2 footprint; bp doubles this amount.
- Programs to improve work-life balance.