Ethicon LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Process Engineer!
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team that is helping improve patient care and drive innovation? Apply today!
Responsible for providing Base Business Support. Responsible to identify process improvement initiatives and develops proposals for problem solving improvement or optimization. Support process improvement projects that have the objectives of developing more cost efficient and quality enhanced processes. Establish the machine hour’s standards and Overall equipment efficiency. Assist in the development of more effective operational control system. Evaluate data generated through studies using statistical analytical methods Responsible for the development and/or revision of production standards and Manufacturing/Packaging process to assure utilization of best process. Performs duties encompassing all process transfers and other projects in an assigned engineering specialization for the development, manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of products, production processes and/or equipment, packaging, and other related activities. Coordinates work in conjunction with personnel assigned to specific projects.
- The Process Engineer works in the optimization of process output and throughput, equipment utilization, equipment downtime, waste reduction/yield improvements, budget management, standard cost, and capital investment management.
- Provides technical support to the Production areas in evaluating process deficiencies, process changes, modifications, and equipment failure.
- Defines, analyzes, reviews, and evaluates problems for prompt solutions.
- Determines, adapts, and modifies methods and standards to control all aspects of assigned projects or portions of major projects.
- Coordinates phases of work with other departments within the company (San Lorenzo) and with other Ethicon divisions.
- Perform Investigation and writes NC Reports following the established timeline.
- Routes and follows up the NC Reports through the evaluation, review and approval processes to comply with the established timeline.
- Coordinates and participates on Cross Functional Investigation (CFI).
- Performs and evaluates established Production Operation metrics for Manufacturing and Packaging Areas. Supports manufacturing in the day-to-day troubleshooting of equipment.
- Leads mitigations to determine the root cause, provide recommendations and may lead NCR’s and CAPA depending on the need or root cause.
- Participates in GMP audits regarding equipment recording and machine performance.
- Coordinates communications and interfaces within end users (Ethicon San Lorenzo) and machine manufacturers or suppliers.
- Participates in projects involving other departments and activities (CIM, QIP, CFM, etc.). Evaluates and reports machinery trends and OEE reports.
- Comply with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHAS 18001)
Bachelor’s Degree In Engineering Is Required, Electrical, Mechanical And Chemical Majors Preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required
- Process improvement or maintenance engineering role in the Medical devices or pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Experience with automated assembly and packaging equipment in the medical device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in developing manufacturing standards a plus.
- Process Excellence (Green Belt or Black Belt) and Lean certifications are preferred.
- Requires up to 10% travel, domestic and international
- Requires ability to work standard business hours, with flexibility to support other shifts as needed.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.