Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company's innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2020 revenues of approximately $8.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
- Develop a positive site safety culture by supporting process plants in a proactive manner whilst fostering a Zero Incident Mindset.
- Develop site process safety policies to meet relevant regulatory and corporate requirement with an aim to continually improve process safety performance.
- Provide process safety guidance, expertise and independent verification in project HSE reviews, PHAs, LOPAs and risk assessments to identify and control process safety risks.
- Provide process safety guidance, expertise and independent verification for investigation of incidents and near misses.
- Maintain the site COMAH safety report and support COMAH inspections by the UK Competent Authority, HSE and NRW.
- Monitor site safety performance by collating and analysing site process safety KPIs.
- Develop the site's emergency response plan to continually improve how the site protect people, property and the environment in the event of any emergency.
- Implement the HSES management system ISO45001.
- Proven track record of practicing safety in an engineering role at a COMAH site.
- Proven experience in managing risk assessments, incident investigations, HSE reviews, PHA’s, and LOPAs.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a proactive attitude.
- A minimum of a degree level qualification within a chemical engineering discipline or similar.
- Strong personal commitment and takes ownership for the task at hand.
- Willingness to undertake further safety related qualifications as required (eg NEBOSH diploma).
- Working with regulators (eg Health and Safety Executive, Natural Resources Wales, Environment Agency).
- IOSH / NEBOSH qualification.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.