28 Sep, 2021
Jefferson Hills, PA, USA
Health & Safety, Process Engineer
Plastics & Manufacturing
The Process Safety Engineer will provide Process Safety services for the Jefferson site. This will be an on location position, where the employee will have a direct role in day to day operations, as well as long term process safety management and projects.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain site level Process Safety Management Program
- Lead our onsite Process Safety committee
- Develop and maintain site level Process Safety Audit program, and evaluate / advise on any third-party audit (like FM Global) issues related to Process Safety.
- Develop and maintain Process Safety Knowledge Management system, including training and revalidation programs
- Provide Process Safety input to enhance the quality of operating procedures (Work Instructions)
- Provide Process Safety input to Maintenance and Engineering department to enhance day to day protocols and Contractor management
- Conduct and support Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) and be the local focal point for PHA
- Support/drive resolution of open PHA action items
- Conduct and support Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and be the local focal point for LOPA
- Be the site expert for advanced process safety hazard analysis, e.g. Control of Industrial Accident Hazards (CIMAH), Facility Siting Analysis, Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR) etc.
- Focal point for Quantitative Risks Assessment (QRA)
- Provide independent advice to Site Management on all process safety related regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Lead and support process safety incidents and process safety near miss investigation by using Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Serve as SME for Management of Change (MOC) procedure and process
- Advise site Engineering, Maintenance and Operations on Safety Instrumentation System (SIS) to follow the relevant Industrial Standard
- Develop and conduct PSM related trainings. Work with corporate resources to implement corporate training programs locally.
- Support Site Safety Programs and drive Safety Initiatives
- Advise Site Engineering department on developing of Engineering Standards and designs.
- Advise Site Management in conjunction with HSES on all process safety related regulatory requirements to ensure compliance
- Serve as liaison between site and Global Process Safety Management group for more advance Process Safety services
- Passion for Process Safety
- Familiar with chemical plant operations
- Strong technical background
- Motivated by technical and analytical work
- Ability to understand and interpretation of local legislation
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering
- Ability to express ideas effectively in both individual and group situations. Can communicate effectively at all levels throughout the company. In addition, he/she should be able to organize and express ideas clearly in written documents.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in chemical manufacturing environment with basics in Process Safety. Prefer an applicant who has spent at least 2 years in a Process Safety role. Enhanced process safety training or knowledge will be preferred such as SIS Infrastructure, leading PHA’s, conducting LOPA’s, consequence modeling, facility siting, leading RCA’s, etc.
- Directly report to Site Manager
- Dotted line reporting to HSES Manager