28 Sep, 2021
Monongahela, PA, USA
Health & Safety, Process Engineer
Plastics & Manufacturing
The Process Safety Engineer will provide Process Safety services for the Tire Additives organization and manufacturing sites. The role is preferably based at one of the large Tire Additives manufacturing sites as basic understanding of the technology and day-to-day operational activities is essential to its success. It is the intention that the position will remain in the Tire Additives organization and will move into the recently announced acquisition of the business by One Rock Capital Partners.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain business level Process Safety Management Program. Support the Tire Additives sites in implementing and sustaining these programs.
- Develop and maintain a business level Process Safety Audit program and evaluate or advise on any third-party audit recommendations related to Process Safety.
- Develop and maintain Process Safety Knowledge Management systems, including training programs
- Provide Process Safety input to enhance the quality of operating procedures (Work Instructions)
- Provide Process Safety input to Maintenance and Engineering departments to enhance day to day protocols and Contractor management
- Conduct and support Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) and be the business focal point for PHA. Support/drive resolution of PHA recommendations.
- Conduct and support Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and be the business focal point for LOPA. Support/drive resolution of LOPA recommendations.
- Be the business expert for advanced process safety hazard topics, e.g. Facility Siting Analysis, Quantitative Risk Analysis, etc.
- Provide independent advice to Site Management on all process safety related regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Lead and support process safety incident and process safety near miss investigation by using Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Serve as SME for Management of Change (MOC) or Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR) procedures and processes
- Develop and conduct PSM related trainings. Support sites to implement corporate training programs locally.
- Advise site Engineering departments on developing of Engineering Standards and designs.
- Work with business engineering partners on specific technology related topics that impact Process Safety
- Advise site Engineering, Maintenance and Operations on Safety Instrumentation System (SIS) following relevant Industrial Standards
- Advise Management in conjunction with HSES on all Process Safety related regulatory requirements or other Process Safety issues that may rise
- Passion for Process Safety
- Familiar with chemical plant operations
- Strong technical background
- Motivated by technical and analytical work
- Ability to understand and support interpretation of local legislation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Able to express ideas effectively in both individual and group situations.
- Communicates effectively at all levels throughout the organization.
- Able to organize and express ideas clearly and effectively in written documents.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a chemical manufacturing environment with basic exposure to Process Safety Management.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a Process Safety role in an OSHA PSM covered chemical industry with increasing job responsibilities
- Enhanced process safety training or knowledge is required (e.g. SIS design, leading PHA’s, conducting LOPA’s, consequence modeling, facility siting, leading RCA’s)
- The role will report within Eastman’s Process Safety Department and will move into the Tire Additives organization following the acquisition of the business by One Rock Capital Partners.
- Location is either Sauget, IL (ST. Louis MO) plant site, or Monongahela, PA (Pittsburg) plant site depending on candidate location. Relocation will be provided
- Some domestic and international travel will be required. Up to 25%