This role will be a technical resource for the Beaumont Refinery and responsible for supporting safe, reliable, and profitable operations. This position will be located in Beaumont, TX.
The Process Engineer provides the chemical engineering support necessary to maintain and enhance the Operations (Process) activity in their particular area of responsibility. The Process Engineer provides day-to-day technical support for the unit and is the first line of technical support in responding to operational problems. The Process Engineer supports the identification and development of optimization opportunities to improve unit safety, reliability, profitability and efficiency and performs routine unit monitoring, exception identification, and general technical support and troubleshooting.
• Comply with Safety/Health/Environmental policy
• Provide timely, detailed emissions calculation to Environmental Group as required
• Identify the cause and solution for day-to-day operating problems with unit and refinery operations
• Provide the chemical engineering expertise to support Operations Team problem-solving efforts
• Utilize mass and energy balances, pressure balances, and process flow plans to optimize day to day operation as well as identify improvement opportunities
• Consult with in-house chemical/process experts, vendors or outside consultants when necessary
• Understand unit and general plant economic drivers to effectively implement daily optimization
• Provide process engineering support required for unit turnarounds
• Review and assist in start-up of all new facilities that are being implemented in area of responsibility.
• Identify and provide solutions for problem areas adversely affecting unit service factor, operating costs, or safety
• Maintain detailed knowledge of process and plant equipment
• Continuously improve professional skills
• B.S. in Chemical Engineering
• 0-3 years work experience in a manufacturing / operating plant environment
• Experience in refining or petrochemical operations is preferred
• Demonstrated capital project development experience or process engineering experience
• Knowledge of relevant industry standards and engineering software / simulation packages such as Pro/II, HTRI, Pressure Protection Manager, Visual Flow
• Knowledge of Hazard Identification and Analysis (HAZOP) and Risk Assessment process
• Experience with Microsoft Excel
• Able to demonstrate leadership, initiative, teamwork, interpersonal effectiveness and self confidence
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.