The Safety Business, which is a part of DuPont Water & Protection, is looking for several Process Safety Management (PSM) professionals to support its Kevlar®, Nomex® and Tyvek® operations. These positions will be located at the DuPont Spruance Site in Richmond, VA.
Successful candidates will provide PSM oversight, guidance, competency, and leadership to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and DuPont Corporate Standards within the assigned Production Unit. These roles will report to the Spruance Site EHS Leader but will be jointly accountable to the Production Leader of the assigned Unit.
- Plant subject matter expert resource for related Process Safety information on procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Introduce and drive best practices across areas, from corporate, and from external benchmarking.
- Plant subject matter expert contact for Process Safety audits and issues.
- Coach teams and individuals on Process Safety tasks and activities.
- Develop, implement, and/or administer Process Safety training within the Plant and including HRA and/or PSM where applicable.
- Assist in developing and achieving area or plant Process Safety goals.
- Ensure compliance tasks are completed (OSHA, EPA and other federal, state, and local requirements applicable to the Plant).
- Perform Process Safety monitoring, data collection, analyzing and reporting for the Plant.
- Facilitate development and review of area safety procedures and practices and ensures alignment with Site & Corporate policies and standards.
- As required, lead / participate in PSM related reviews, teams and improvement projects.
- Coordinate the schedules for audits in Process Safety related areas.
- Conduct audits routinely with strong visibility and engagement with employees.
- As required, conduct and document investigations and classification of incidents and ensure follow up actions to prevent re-occurrences that are addressed.
- Where applicable, coordinate PSM element leader meetings and element reviews.
- Where applicable, provide guidance and oversight for organization PSM element teams.
Capabilities Required for this Role (Knowledge Skills & Abilities):
- BS Engineering discipline with focus on Safety or Health, related field, or other relevant equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of industry experience with increasing responsibilities in safety management or line leadership with safety emphasis and expectations.
- Extensive experience in high hazard chemical process manufacturing environments.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards, protocols, and systems.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Provide strong influence leadership to achieve strong, sustained systems and processes that support compliance.
- Communicate effectively, orally (public speaking) and in writing to audiences at all levels within DuPont and sometimes to external agencies.
- Safety and/or PSM Auditing skills.
- Experience in coaching, training, networking and facilitation.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Where applicable, knowledge of and experience with Process Safety Management and higher hazard processes (including regulatory covered processes).
- Where applicable, interpret Site and corporate PSM standards for understanding and appropriate application.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.