Our industry-leading innovations, deep materials science expertise, and best-in-class manufacturing make next-generation technology a reality for our customers.
We’re pursuing new technologies and performance materials that enable your designs to be smaller, more complex, more reliable, and more powerful than you could ever imagine. DuPont is a technology leader, serving the semiconductor, circuit board, industrial, display, digital and flexographic printing, healthcare, aerospace, industrial and transportation industries. Every day, we’re solving our customers’ biggest challenges and are honored to be their partner of choice.
Learn more about our Featured solutions here: https://www.dupont.com/about/our-businesses.html
The Sasakami site has an exciting opportunity for a right individual to fill the role of Run-Plant-Engineer which is located in Sasakami/Agano, Niigata, Japan. The Run-Plant-Engineer, as a member of the Lithography Technologies business of E&I organization, this role acts as a technical resource for operations personnel, applying technical skills within manage production, to optimize plant operations, resolves manufacturing related issues and it’s enable to produce the low cost and high quality products.
Follow EH&S and Operating Discipline, Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Using relevant tools, evaluate validity of data, apply statistics, interpret results and take appropriate action. Understands and applies skills and knowledge in Statistical Process Control (SPC) technology to improve quality. Uses trouble shooting skills to resolve process related deviations and problems.
Works with Technical Advising and plant personnel it to optimize operations, meet Business and plant goals. (Production, cost, quality and deliveries). Implements best practices in operations in order to optimize operations. Ensures Most Effective Technology (MET), and specific Operating Discipline requirements are in place.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Provide daily technical support and leadership to operations and assist in appropriate manufacturing activities, also assist in troubleshooting process equipment.
- Measure, track, communicate and improve key operating metrics.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Operating Discipline documentation and its use.
- Actively participate on plant teams and contribute to the plant’s organizational and cultural change efforts.
- Lead various teams within the organization
- Produce high quality products at the lowest cost, exceeding standards for environmental control, health, and safety by managing process control systems for assigned areas
- Troubleshoot manufacturing processes and determining the root cause.
- Continuous improvement of process and performance, including planning, execution, and problem-solving to utilize Six Sigma methanology.
- Reviewing SPC charts and driving reduction in variation
- Implementing process improvements in support of reduction of variation, capacity and yield improvement.
- Track and report yield scrap into area KPI scorecard and drive improvement in area of responsible.
- Maintain and update manufacturing SOPs (Standard Operation Procedure)
- Support safety education and adherence to safety policies and practices
- Bachelor of Science or chemical, mechanical engineering is required.
- Chemical or Mechanical is preferred.
- English conversation. Japanese skills with business level are mandatory
- Ability to work well in a cross functional team environment
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to integrate equipment, process and chemistry issues.
- Analytical experience or Semiconductor carrier, etc
- Experience as engineer of chemical plant over 3 years
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or plant environment
- Green belt or Black belt of Six-Sigma certification preferred
- Familiarity with statistical and analytical methods including an understanding of SPC
- Mechanical engineering or chemical engineer background preferable
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001. IATF16949 knowledge is preferable
- Problem solving and six sigma skill
- Team management with communication skill
- Process Safety, PHA knowledge is preferable
- MOC, p-FMEA, RCI knowledge is preferable
- Economic evaluate (PB, DCRR, EBIT and Cash Flow) knowledge is preferable
- Understanding other process/ other organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for English and Japanese are essential. Chinese or Korean speaker maybe supportive.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.