Do you want to work on exciting, leading-edge international projects as part of an expert multi-discipline team? Are you a talented and enthusiastic individual studying engineering PM Group’s Next Graduate Programme is your ideal next step.
We recognise the importance and value of learning. We believe that by implementing Learning & Development initiatives like the Next Graduate Programme, we can help foster and encourage an individual’s ability to contribute to the overall success of PM Group.
As a [discipline] graduate on the 2 year Next Graduate Programme, you’ll receive a range of competency based training and development through a combination of on-the-job training within the departmental teams and projects, internal and external training courses or workshops, through to presentations and site based visits or work.
Job Role & Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Support the engineering discipline Head of Department and team in the execution of professional services for and on behalf of clients on their projects throughout the project-lifecycle which will include feasibility studies and conceptual design through to detailed design and site support during construction phase.
- Liaise and coordinate with other departments within the UK offices, and the wider PM Group network and teams.
- Develop knowledge base and understanding of other departments whether it is operational or business support functions, as to how we operate as a Group.
- Attend customer or supplier interface meetings as well participation in stakeholder meetings, as and when applicable.
- Assist with the overall management and delivery of architectural/engineering and construction projects, from bids and tenders through to construction and handover.
- Take responsibility for certain projects or parts of projects, under the guidance of a Project Manager, Head of Department or Engineer/Architect.
- Ensure all work under your supervision is being carried out to the highest standards and in line with PM Group’s standards and procedures, and the client’s requirements.
- Take a “hands on” approach to managing your work – using your developing technical skills and experience, as and when appropriate.
- Actively promote and achieve the very highest standards in health and safety through all stages of the project life-cycle.
- Conduct other assignments or tasks when required.
Requirements & Experience
- Hold a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in related engineering
- Ability to organise, plan and manage time effectively within a fast paced environment.
- A self-starter who displays a ‘can do’ attitude towards tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work in a team project environment.
- Effective communication (verbal or written); to interact and communicate with a varied group of colleagues and clients.
- Commercial awareness or aptitude to develop this.
- Proficient with using a range IT or Software systems.