As an AIG risk engineer, you’ll be joining a highly experienced global team with a mission to use their industrial experience to provide underwriters with expert risk selection guidance to support profitable underwriting of our oil & petrochemical (O&P) & chemical business.
- Develop & manage risk engineering field survey programmes.
- Perform operational and construction field surveys of our client’s O&P and chemical sites:
- meeting client representatives of all departments to verify risk mitigation approaches
- advising clients with loss prevention recommendations
- where leading the survey, presenting survey results to site management focusing on the risk analysis and recommendations, decision-making processes & conclusions
- writing internal & market reports in an accurate and timely fashion using AIG risk rating tools, report formats, loss estimation methods & software.
- Advise clients on how to improve the risk quality of their organisations by influencing site and corporate loss prevention practices.
- Analyse AIG & third-party field survey reports by reviewing, interpreting, and summarising the risk information.
- Present and explain your conclusions clearly and concisely to your underwriters providing them with the engineering knowledge to support profitable underwriting.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (languages an advantage) in diverse environments.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Able to undertake global international travel for up to 90 days per year.
- Able to lead surveys at industrial facilities and to deliver to strict deadlines.
- Enthusiastic learner committed to maintaining expertise through practice and continuing professional development.
- Keen to understand the root causes of industrial disasters & to use that understanding to help your clients and underwriters avoid them.
- Chemical engineering degree ideally Chartered (or working toward).
- Good technical engineering & industrial experience.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, standards, practices, procedures and techniques.
- Good knowledge of the application of Process Safety Management.
You will have a good foundation level of applying your engineering skills in industrial O&P &/or Chemical environments such as operations, technical support, inspection, maintenance, consultancy, projects & process safety management.
Application to email@example.com