£60 to £100K PA + housing allowance
Our client is a leading player in the International high hazard Insurance sector where it is involved in cover associated with a variety of sectors including oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, LNG, metals, and mining, maritime, mass- transport and so on. The organisation’s Gulf hub is enjoying significant client support despite challenging times. The successful business offers additional advisory services on a range of Insurance issues such as claims, risk mitigation and BI management.
Our client is seeking an engineer with significant experience of metals production, particularly steel and aluminium, and other heavy industries such as mining, power, and paper. The successful candidates are likely to be degree qualified (or equivalent), Chemical or Mechanical Engineer with excellent knowledge of metals processing, maintenance, and operational process safety management. The successful candidate will be the engineering representative on key accounts, supporting our client executive teams with technical analysis and insights. A key part of the role will be conducting Underwriting Surveys and producing reports whose output will be a description of the facilities and their condition , an analysis of loss control features and engineering, financial based loss analysis and estimates for building and plant loss/replacement. This requires the ability to summarise data in a structured format. Other key deliverable includes the production and delivery of training packages and contributing to BCM and ERM type studies. Applicants are sought from candidates with substantial exposure to commodity metals and heavy industries and associated equipment such as smelters, crushers, grinders, conveyors , furnaces and turbines and boilers .A strong grasp of the operational technical risk associated with this sector and plant is essential.
As well as a process Operations/Production background, it is essential that the candidates also bring significant experience/knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Process Safety
- Inspection/Asset Integrity/Condition surveys
- Maintenance, or Inspection/Asset Integrity.
- Business Interruption /Consequential Loss
- Additional experience in a construction/project execution type role is also an advantage, but not essential.
General Attributes /Location /Core Requirements
For all the roles the following attributes would be beneficial but are not essential:
- Fluency in Arabic
- Fluency in French
- The position can be based in the UAE or Oman
All the roles have core requirements:
- They involve 60-80 nights away per year within EMEA
- Written and Verbal Communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work at all levels within a client Organisation. Production of the Underwriting report following a survey is a key skill
- The ability to lead a team of insurance engineers to conduct Underwriting Surveys, typically between 2- and 5-day duration at client sites
- For key sites or large sites extended surveys of 2 weeks are sometimes required
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- Extensive experience of metals/heavy industries production
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Word version of their CV to:
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency