Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
How will you make an impact?
This position is part of the New Product Advanced Manufacturing Team. Team includes mechanical engineers, manufacturing process engineers, project managers, and technicians all of whom are responsible for process and equipment development for new products.
What will you do?
This position shares responsibility for designing new manufacturing processes and associated equipment. Specifically, this position is responsible for identifying and implementing processes and equipment to meet the needs of new products under development. Aspects include minimize cost, minimize scrap, meet capacity and efficiency targets all in a safe manner.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree (mechanical or manufacturing engineer preferred) with 5 years demonstrated applicable experience
- OR, Master’s degree (mechanical or manufacturing engineer preferred) with 3 years demonstrated applicable experience
- OR 10+ years of applicable experience
- New process development, optimization, and qualification
- Specifying, procuring, and qualifying new equipment as needed
- Identifying and optimizing material and process flows
- Design and procure dies, fixtures, and other tooling as required
- Applying engineering principles and industry standards
- Using engineering tools and methods for tasks such as experimentation (DOE), risk assessment (FMEA), process control (SPC), and statistical analysis
- Collaborate with team on equipment URS generation
- Project management of assigned projects
- Executing to project deliverables including budgets and timelines
- Interface with operations engineering, quality, purchasing, and manufacturing groups
- Generation of specifications and documentation
- Create engineering test plans and qualification reports
- Communicates with diverse audiences and internally with higher levels
- Travel as required to perform job functions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient in MS Office and Solidworks
- Proficient in technical writing including authoring engineering protocols, reports, and procedures
- Medical Device/Biopharmaceutical manufacturing (i.e. GMP, FDA, ISO 13485) experience desired
- Self-motivated with good problem solving, communication, and coordination skills
Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.