06 Sep, 2021
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Process Engineer (Operations) on a 4/4 rotation located in Basra, Iraq.
- This is an Iraq based position working on a 28 day on / 28 day off rotation. Normal working time will be 12 hours per day when at site.
- May involve occasional visits to engineering contractor offices as projects demand.
- The project is operation support for various small brownfield projects within the Rumaila field.
- Reporting to the ROO Process Team Lead the candidate will assume sole responsibility for delegated project process systems.
- To manage the process engineering and design team for all projects under their remit.
- To have single-point responsibility for all process engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the ROO’s policies and procedures.
- Identify debottlenecking opportunities & constraints and initiate debottlenecking projects as necessary.
- Assumes Single Point Accountable (SPA) for the front end definition of various technical changes originating from operational work scopes. Carry out site surveys, prepare Basis of Design, SOR’s, EQs response and MOC development.
- Act as Custodian of asset PIDs with final sign off of as built drawings.
- To ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs.
- To provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to process engineering.
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To liaise with Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing, etc.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to process systems.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Process Team Lead/Engineering/Project Manager as required.
- Mentoring/Training of Iraqi National colleagues
Skills / Qualifications
Technical / Business Skills
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on key requirements to achieve overall successful outcomes
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of process engineering design and analysis
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for process engineering design and selection (including HYSYS, PIPESIM and Flarenet).
- Experience of the application of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating to Process Design.
- Experience with Concept Selection and FEED studies.
Business & Industry Experience
- Minimum of 18 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 6 years proven capability in an engineering design company
- 3 to 5 years’ experience of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, or maintenance
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Design House experience, Front Line Operations support experience, Onshore Oil and Gas Facilities
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Experience with Sour Service Operations would be an advantage.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.