Our client are working with the developer of a new sustainable aviation fuel production facility in the UK. Work includes supporting the site location and developing the conceptual design of the outside battery limit scope, including storage tanks feed and product loading / offloading utilities, such as cooling water, steam, refrigeration, flare, air, nitrogen hydrogen production / supply and tie-ins and integration with existing facilities on the host site.
Working on a UK gas terminal to assess options for reducing venting and flaring of gas, to support cost-benefit analysis and meet the operator's commitments under the environmental permitting regulations. Also to assess options to reduce onsite CO2 emissions from fired equipment as part of longer term net zero commitments.
The South Wales Industrial Cluster (SWIC) - Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, has committed significant investment in collaborative projects which enable industrial cluster decarbonisation as part of the ISCF Industrial Decarbonisation Challenge Fund. Our client has been active in developing a proposition for SWIC, and is leading the 3 year deployment phase of the project, working with a wide range of industry partners who seek to develop individual decarbonisation projects, with the benefit of the cluster approach with common infrastructure for example in hydrogen supply or CO2 transportation. In addition to providing overall leadership for the programme, They are undertaking feasibility and pre-FEED studies for several of the project partners, which if successful will proceed to FEED.
The candidate should:
- have a degree in Chemical Engineering
- have achieved Chartered Engineer status
- have a background in an engineering consultancy or contracting design environment
- be confident and authoritative in front of clients
- have an understanding of Technical Risk Management
- have good Commercial Awareness
- be proactive, self-motivated and outcomes orientated
- be an effective communicator and motivator
- possess strong technical writing skills
- posses excellent IT skills
- be able to guide more junior team members
Ideally experienced in Gas Network Design or Jet Fuel Production. Position will require 3 days/week in the Manchester Office. Remaining can be worked from home.