Experience: The candidate should have:
- a minimum of 12 years' experience including significant knowledge and experience in the process development and design of natural gas reception facilities
- A background in an engineering consultancy or contracting design environment
- Significant experience in detailed design of UK onshore projects with a good understanding of the end to end process design and control for offshore to onshore gas field facilities incorporating field compression
Summary of Project Duties:
To provide process engineering services for detailed design activities/deliverables on a brownfield project to install onshore gas compression at an existing natural gas reception terminal in the UK.
Responsible for delivering own work to quality, safety, budget and schedule targets. The role reports to the Lead Process Engineer for project delivery and the Process Discipline Manager for discipline technical authority. See below for full role description.
Up to three days per week attendance at the office will be expected by agreement with the project and discipline lead.
PRINCIPAL PROCESS ENGINEER SCOPE OF SERVICES
Principal Process Engineer with extensive knowledge and experience in the design of onshore Natural Gas Facilities to support the project team delivering detailed design activities/deliverables on a brownfield project to install onshore gas compression at an existing natural gas reception terminal in the UK.
* To execute assigned activities and deliverables for the process engineering scope of work according to contract requirements, following company and client standards and procedures.
* To perform own design work and check work by others in accordance with company procedures.
* To represent Process Engineering in discussions and meetings with client, vendors and third parties.
* To work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary project delivery team, through proactive liaison with other disciplines and to ensure integration of Process Engineering design requirements into the overall engineering design.
* To ensure personal compliance with current company policy, relevant legislation and company and client's requirements for Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental matters and work in such a manner not to cause personal harm or injury to fellow workers, client and subcontractor employees or the environment.
- The role is based in the Manchester Office and may require travel to company, supplier or client offices or sites for business purposes which would be North East..
Specific Competencies Required
* Delivering work in under the UK Regulatory environment
* Relevant industry codes, standards and guidelines for the Energy sector
* Experience in the full project lifecycle including significant FEED/Detailed Design
* Extensive knowledge and experience in Gas Processing Technology and Compression preferably gas reception gas treatment and/or underground gas storage plants.
* Process Simulation (Aspen HYSYS preferred)
* Development of the Process Design Basis and Scope of Work
* Development of Heat and Material Balances, Process Flow Diagrams, Process Design Philosophies and P&ID's
* Sizing and specification of Process requirements for Major Process Equipment Utility
* Equipment Equipment Packages Piping and Instrumentation
* Hazard Study including HAZID and HAZOP
* Functional Safety Management including SIL Classification using LOPA methodology
* Relief and Blowdown calculations
* Technical Risk Management
* Commercial Awareness
* Proactive, self-motivated and outcomes orientated with strong interpersonal skills
* Effective communicator and motivator
* Strong technical writing skills
* Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel