Primary purpose of role
- Ensure that within Operations, all Process Safety Engineering risks are understood and managed, in line with best practice and regulatory engineering practices, standards and processes.
- Provide agreed process safety engineering support, guidance & action completion for operations, capital projects & Engineering.
- Support the understanding & implementation of Process Safety Engineering across px, ensuring engineering related risks to people, environment, plant & business are understood & managed, systematically & effectively.
- Work effectively and positively with all employees and contractors, promoting a positive safety culture and high awareness of Process Safety.
- Support Process Engineering capability across the business and as required, engineering resourcing and development for the business, through third party contract support, for technical assurance and other agreed activities.
- Develop & maintain agreed required engineering practices, standards and processes, meeting legislative and good engineering standards, thereby enabling sites to generate appropriate site specific requirements.
- Attend & when required co-ordinate cross discipline Engineering Networks (Process Safety and MOC), sharing best practice & alignment.
- Provide, when required, suitable and sufficient discipline engineering verification for studies, projects and modifications, and provide technical assurance as required to operations.
- Participate in assigned process assurance & audit activities delivering compliance with corporate engineering practices, standards and processes. Monitor conclusions for wider group learning and follow-up actions.
- Support the development of site performance indicators, enabling failure risk management monitoring.
- Participate in reviews and root cause analyses for incidents and/or serious near miss events.
- Provide engineering guidance, support & mentoring enabling competency for site process engineers.
- Review and endorse deviations from a performance standard, where appropriate.
- Positively represent the business at relevant internal and external forums, providing positive contributions & incorporating wider best practice & learning into discipline engineering practices, standards and processes.
- Develop an active CPD commitment, developing new & enhancing existing skills & knowledge, learning from past experiences & adapting behaviour in response to feedback.
- Portray the position of Process Safety Engineer positively and professionally, taking responsibility for personal outcomes within job responsibilities and in achieving results.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.