The Company has a current vacancy for a Process Engineer to work at our Teesside Operations
Reporting to the Process Engineering Team Leader, the Process Engineer will liaise with and provide engineering support to the Operations and Project Groups, to effectively implement Process Safety initiatives and minor modifications for continued plant operation and to improve facility economics.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Supports the Process Engineering Manager in monitoring plant performance and facilitating improvements to the economic running of the operation. Maintains appropriate KPIs, including monitoring of plant utility budgets;
• Providing an immediate response to plant needs with regard to improving Process Safety aspects / Operating Integrity, ensure plant processing capabilities are maintained and drive efficient facility operation within allocated plant zones;
• Support FEL Process Engineers and Operations Managers in developing project scopes. Supports prioritization of projects within operations group;
• Develops and implements minor process modifications (for safety, plant processing capability, efficient operation reasons). Ensures modification process follows facilities Management of Change processes;
• Supports relief valve maintenance programme (categorization of relief valves, sizing of relief valves);
• Variation Risk Assessment as required within operational area;
• Uses Technical consultancies / contractors as appropriate to manage and implement Technical Change;
• Provides resource support to the Teesside Process Safety Engineer as required;
• Provide peer review of modifications. Support and Lead SIL / LOPA reviews;
• Understand, develop and implement any relevant changes to legislations that may have an impact on the projects at Teesside;
• Participate / lead in incident investigations and provide root cause analysis support;
• Participate in global and functional network to ensure that best practices are shared, and corporate standards and technology are implemented as needed.
Full details of the role can be obtained from the HR Team upon request.
• Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering – Essential
• Sound knowledge of process engineering principles and proven ability to apply them to real-world problems – Essential
• Hold a Full UK driving licence and to drive company vehicles where appropriate – Essential
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills – Essential
• Ability to use Microsoft packages and SAP – Essential
• Good reporting, communication and workload management – Essential
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.