31 Aug, 2021
Health & Safety, Process Engineer
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Process Safety Engineer, are to:
- Evaluate tactical decisions and long-term direction to direct area performance goals related to safety;
- Analyze site and plant performance issues related to safety, leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Review and approve Management of Change process for the site as safety representative;
- Ensure adherence to procedures, guidelines, design standards and safeguards across the Site as a subject matter expert;
- Lead or represent site on corporate teams;
- Maintain an understanding of site operations, attend project reviews and review management of changes for assigned manufacturing area to determine safety impact on an independent basis;
- Develop and deliver training for plant employees to comply with external and internal regulations when needed;
- Audit site safety programs as well as participating as an auditor during internal regional compliance audits and global management system audits;
- Support the analysis and resolution of minor operation interruptions and upsets related to safety issues;
- Foster experience exchange and promotes knowledge transfer with other site Engineers;
- Promote continued development of self and area personnel through peer coaching and providing constructive feedback.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Chemistry with at least seven years of related experience or Master of Science with at least four years of related experience;
- Teamwork and facilitating the work of a team;
- Analytical troubleshooting skills;
- Communications (written, verbal, presentation).
- Process safety experience;
- Manufacturing and Chemical Engineering experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.