31 Aug, 2021
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Process Engineer, are to:
- Assist area management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving area performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability, subject to supervisory review;
- Coordinate with corporate and site production planners on production timing and raw material availability;
- Manage development and tracking of key performance indicators;
- Participate with investigations of area performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Gain experience as area representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects, interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines such as Process Control Technology (PCT), project engineering, environmental and utility services operations and process development;
- Maintain and develop standards for area operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Collaborate on design and execute plant trials directed at enhancing area performance;
- Compile, format, and submit environmental data necessary for timely and accurate filing with local, state, and federal agencies;
- Engage in continued development of self and area personnel with peer coaching and constructive feedback;
- Support Site and Area Production System improvements, OnePSS.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related Science (including May 2022 Graduates);
- Working knowledge of Engineering tools and software and ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings P&ID and schematics;
- Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise, and understandable manner;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture;
- Correctly analyze problems and think independently;
- Evaluate and select alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understand the full implication of actions before proceeding;
- Consistently motivate self, take calculated risks, make timely decisions, and improve results;
- Effectively manage changing situations and maintain composure in pressure or conflict situations.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.