31 Aug, 2021
Kansas City, MO, USA
Health & Safety, Process Engineer
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
Bayer U.S. LLC seeks a Principal Process Safety Engineer to work in Kansas City, MO, to provide expertise in process and plant safety (PPS) of chemical processing in alignment with Bayer’s global best practices. Will also advise the various Bayer sites to ensure safe and reliable plant operations, comply with all applicable health, safety and environmental regulations and company policies.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading interdisciplinary PHA teams and documenting results in the systematic safety review and management of change workflow for existing or new process units;
- Analyzing corresponding hazard potential of Bayer sites and processes in alignment with internal/external PPS directives and regulations;
- Developing and documenting explosion prevention and protection concepts, including hazardous area classification, ignition source analysis, and mitigation concepts;
- Providing expertise in the safety analysis for new production units and/or revalidation/update of existing production units;
- Contributing to pre-startup safety reviews to confirm the correct implementation of safety measures;
- Supporting internal working groups and panels in the development of tools and know-how for the PPS community; and
- Contributing to PPS employee development by mentoring PPS practitioners-to-be and PPS maintainers.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must have a bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Chemical Engineering, Safety Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, or a directly related field plus eight (8) years of post-baccalaureate and progressively responsible experience in a related role in the Chemical, Petrochemical, or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Will also accept a master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Chemical Engineering, Safety Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, or a directly related field plus six (6) years of experience in a related role in the Chemical, Petrochemical, or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience must include five (5) years of experience working with/in operations and/or maintenance in industrial sites with continuous and/or batch processes in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry.
- Must also have experience and knowledge with: (i) working on major engineering projects involving hazardous material handling processes; (ii) relief device sizing and design requirements; (iii) working with GMP processes, especially pharmaceutical production; (iv) working with GMP production facilities and laboratory facilities with knowledge of the various safety requirements of such facilities; (v) initiatives and best practices for the development and improvement of PPS specific know-how, internal regulations, and directives for manufacturing equipment, particularly as those practices support critical safety, environmental, and quality regulatory compliance and optimize manufacturing yields.
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally to various unanticipated employer, client, and other locations up to 50%.
- Experience can be concurrent.
Apply at https://career.bayer.us, #72654665.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.