31 Aug, 2021
Kansas City, MO, USA
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Process Engineer, are to:
- Assist plant management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving plant performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability and operability;
- Fill in for plant management as needed, absence of plant management from plant (vacation, business, schedule conflicts, illness), these activities would include presentation of plant performance, goals or project justifications to upper management or when called detailed or expert commentary is required and set priorities with respect to plant resources (materials and manpower);
- Investigate plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Propose designs and execute plant trials directed at enhancing plant performance;
- Serve as process expert and plant representative for design, construction and implementation of capital projects, interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (Facilities, PCS and Project Engineering, Environmental Operations, Process Development, etc.);
- Prepare materials for and assist in conducting operator training;
- Create, maintain and develop standards for plant operating documentation (e.g., standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, operating data collection and retrieval, etc.);
- Support regulatory testing and compliance related activities within the Plant.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or a related discipline;
- At least eight years of progressive experience in engineering and plant operations;
- Broad technical background, excellent knowledge of the chemical processes in order to effectively analyze, recommend and make complex decisions;
- Broad background in technical standards and Recognized and Generally Acceptable Engineering Practices (RAGAGEPs) and experience to apply them to daily tasks;
- Ability to work independently with little to no oversight;
- Ability to successfully lead or manage a team in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical areas;
- Excellent computer spreadsheet skills and practical experience using process simulators, pipe flow models, heat transfer calculations and design of experiments.
- Master’s degree with at least six years of related experience or Ph.D. with at least four years of related experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.