Responsible for coordinating activities of a team and providing Engineering Leadership to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, promoting collaboration with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and developing capabilities of the team to apply integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.
This position is the Engineering Authority for the Warminster, PA facility. The primary responsibility for the position is to lead the maintenance team, engineering programs and systems for the facility. This includes providing leadership and guidance to the plant Integrity Management (IM) and HSSE programs and supporting Continuous Improvement activities in the facility. The position also plays an active role in the Regional Engineering Network standards development.
- Ensures that Plant assets are effectively maintained to ensure uptime, reliability, and safety.
- Develops and implements appropriate inspection and maintenance programs to ensure the integrity of the equipment.
- Ensures consistent implementation of all applicable BP and SPU engineering policies, practices, and guidelines at the Plant level.
- Works the with HSSE Manager to ensure all engineering, maintenance, contractors, and other technical functions are executed in compliance with HSSE standards.
- Ensures the MOC (Management of Change process) is rigorously adhered to for maintenance changes.
- Develops the technical plan in conjunction with the operating departments and the operations strategic plan.
- Optimizes current manufacturing processes to ensure safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and increase efficiency.
- Works with Product Technology and the Plant operations team to implement new product formulations by engineering new processes, utilizing current processes, and ensuring equipment is fit for purpose and capable of manufacturing quality product in a cost-effective way.
- Handles the maintenance budget to plan.
- Provides leadership, direction, and technical support and creates a learning environment where everyone’s opinions are valued for a team of Maintenance Technicians.
- Develops a “customer Service” mind set within the team.
- Ensures the team is provided the adequate training to successfully carry out their roles.
- Ensures compliance with the global policies and procedures for addressing Process Safety Risks at the sites.
- Ensures process safety compliance by identifying where PHA’s are required and coordinates the PHA revalidation process.
- Engages global Process Safety team for review when D+ severity consequences are identified in PHA’s.
- Responsible for maintaining full compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements associated with job accountabilities.
- Acts as bp Contract Accountable Manager to ensure safe execution of the contracted work while applying the Working with Contractor process throughout for CAPEX and Maintenance.
- Supports Crisis and Continuity Management for the site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering related field or 10 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 4 years in a chemical or pharmaceutical facility and processing environment.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, chemical, and/or safety engineering.
- Five years of maintenance experience.
- Experience in implementing lean manufacturing.
- Outstanding leadership skills and supervisory experience.
- Experience with specialty chemicals blending / fluid handling / mixing.
- Demonstrated safety leadership.
- Experience with work request systems.
- Solid understanding of instrumentation and process control systems.
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!