To support Steel Plant Flat Product Operations team in complex troubleshooting, unit performance assurance and optimization, long term improvements and development of studies.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Provide process ‘know how’ support for plant upset, complex trouble shooting, shutdown and start-up.
- Support in Evaluating complex quality and productivity problems, suggesting solutions and recommending suitable corrective measures, including on site investigations at plant area.
- Work closely with production team to investigate Process customer complaints.
- Support project feasibility studies, project package development & benchmarking studies .
- Support operating units to resolve run and maintain issues and the chronic issues that cannot be resolved by run and maintain teams.
- Monitors and audits the current operating parameters and makes recommendations for continuous improvement necessary to maximize process capability.
- Prepare as needed reports for different process parameters to demonstrate their inter-relations and suggest measures for process improvement.
- Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the process enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and productivity.
- Develop workable process solutions to meet the requirements of the business (e.g. increased capacity, new product development, reduced costs, and improved quality, improved environmental impact).
- Use a data-driven methodology to facilitate continuous improvement in parallel with direct mentoring of process parameters for a sustainable deployment of proven best practices.
- Develop new operation methods when needed and monitor results after implementation.
- Working closely with the production and quality teams to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop Production processes for new products to ensure the safety, quality, production and cost targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Troubleshooting and debottlenecking of unit operations and related equipment including identifying the problem source, evaluate alternatives, suggest solutions and improvements.
- Identify gaps between current performance and best practices and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Communicate & Consult with Process Licensors / technology providers to improve the performance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor Degree in Chemical/ Mechanical/ Metallurgical/ Materials Engineering or Equivalent.
15 Years’ experience in the relative field.
The candidate shall has an experience in:
- Primary Steel making covering all aspects of melting Scrap, DRI “Direct reduced iron” and Hot DRI” “Direct reduced iron”
- Secondary Steel making covering Ladle furnace and Vacuum Degasser
- Steel making technology from different vendors such as Primetals, Danieli and SMS “ SMS Group Company- Technology provider”
- Metallurgical concepts and calculations related to Primary and Secondary Steel making
- Metallurgical concepts related to product quality
- Plant capacity calculations
- Sound technical knowledge of all steel plant raw materials (Scrap/ DRI) and consumables (fluxes, electrodes, refractory, alloys etc.)
- Working Knowledge of upstream and downstream processes (Direct reduction, Casting and Rolling)
- Thorough Knowledge and insights about Steel business