To support Rolling Mill (Rod Mill & Bar Mill) Long Product Operations team in complex troubleshooting, unit performance assurance and optimization, long term improvements and development of studies.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Provide process ‘know how’ support for plant upset, complex trouble shooting, shutdown and start-up.
- Support in Evaluating complex quality and productivity problems, suggesting solutions and recommending suitable corrective measures, including on site investigations at plant area.
- Work Closely with production team to investigate Process customer complaints.
- Support project feasibility studies , project package development & benchmarking studies .
- Support operating units to resolve run and maintain issues and the chronic issues that cannot be resolved by run and maintain teams.
- Monitors and audits the current operating parameters and makes recommendations for continuous improvement necessary to maximize process capability.
- Prepare as needed reports for different process parameters to demonstrate their inter-relations and suggest measures for process improvement.
- Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the process enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and productivity.
- Develop workable process solutions to meet the requirements of the business (e.g. increased capacity, new product development, reduced costs, and improved quality, improved environmental impact).
- Use a data-driven methodology to facilitate continuous improvement in parallel with direct mentoring of process parameters for a sustainable deployment of proven best practices.
- Develop new operation methods when needed and monitor results after implementation.
- Working closely with the production and quality teams to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop Production processes for new products to ensure the safety, quality, production and cost targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Troubleshooting and debottlenecking of unit operations and related equipment including identifying the problem source, evaluate alternatives, suggest solutions and improvements.
- Identify gaps between current performance and best practices and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Communicate & Consult with Process Licensors / technology providers to improve the performance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor Degree in Chemical/ Mechanical/ Metallurgical/ Materials Engineering or Equivalent.
15 Years’ experience in the relative field.
The candidate shall has an experience in:
- Rod Mill / Bar Mill (DANIELI / Morgardshammar /SMS Mill/ Pomini/Pri metal /Morgan Mill) in the area of improving Mill efficiency & productivity.
- International quality standard (ASTM/BS/DIN) for Rebar & Smooth wire Rod products.
- Pass design / Steel Rolling Knowledge through No twist Mill and Twister Mill
- Major losses related to Rolling Mill and thorough in techniques to minimize the losses
- Walking hearth furnace
- Quenching process like THERMEX/Quench tempered Bar(QTB)/ Quench tempered Rod QTR/Air cooling process like Stelmor / Danieli Structural Control
- Mill stands & Finishing Block Mill(Morgan/Danieli Morgarshammer( DMH)
- Bar guiding Equipment Twister/roller/static Guide box (MH/Ashlow)