Reporting to: Production Director
The purpose of the job:
- Ensures the integrity of processes by managing technical standards, process specifications and design parameters, monitoring process parameters, their variability, and developing and implementing corrective actions to eliminate deviations from the desired state.
- Optimises and improves the processes of the asset group by identifying opportunities for improvements end executing the systemic problem-solving and improvement activities, originated from departmental goals and strategy, situational problem-solving actions, from recurring problems and employee suggestions. Implements and follows up on the effectiveness of the actions agreed.
- Coordinates and manages ramp-down and ramp-up events, inspect the area for clean and organised workplace as the 5S champion.
- Liaises with Engineering on projects related to the asset group. Develops developmental goals and strategy for the asset group.
- Provides input to competency standards and competency development plans.
Outputs and responsibilities:
- Custodian of process standards (standard state).
- Identifies and resolves process integrity issues, deviations from SOPs that affect production performance.
- Identifies opportunities to improve production performance
(improve quality, reduce usage ratios, increase yield).
- Manages critical process activities (ramp-down, ramp-up, etc).
- Supports engineering project integrations.
- Reviews competency standards and provides input to modification.
- Manages weekly performance (quantity, yield, usages, quality) review cycle for the area.
- Supports monthly performance review cycle for the area.
Knowledge, experience requirements:
- Destillation: University degree (chemical or mechanical (fluid) engineer with distillation specialisation)
- Energy: University degree (technical engineer with energetics specialisation)
- Grinding: University degree (mechanical or food engineer with grinding specialisation)
- Separation: University degree (mechanical or food engineer with grinding specialisation)
- 3-5 years’ experience in the specific area
- Good MS Office, Excel knowledge
- Experience in a similar field in a manufacturing environment
What we offer:
- Competitive benefit package with fringe benefits
- Dynamic environment
- Development opportunities
- Ability to find causes of problems, understand causal relationships, develop experiments and apply advanced problem solving routines
- Ability to prioritise, to focus, distinguish between urgent and important
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to achieve results without direct management
Nature of employment:
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Process Engineer – (Distillation or Energy or Grinding or Separation)” containing your CV.