- Monitoring and Support of Fermentors, Bioreactors, Centrifuges, Autoclaves, Glasswashers, UF skids, Chromatography skids, Air Handling Units, WFI stills, Reverse Osmosis skids etc.
- Engineer solutions and manage projects involving retrofits, optimization and acquisition of process systems
- Manage several projects simultaneously to quality, budget and schedule constraints
- Assist in resolving technical issues with equipment and production processes
- Support investigations as required
- Develop engineering specifications, policies and procedures
- Work with other manufacturing support groups to implement and maintain engineering systems, execute projects and communicate the status of operations
- Manage/Lead small project teams
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
- Participate in a sampling of L1 Self Inspections for the area(s) of responsibility.
- Capable of interacting with other groups to execute projects
- Supervisory experience desired
- Independently initiates proactive solutions
- Maintain and document all cGMP equipment/system modifications and upgrades through approved change control methods
- Capable of generating and maintaining system life cycle documentation (Drawings, Design Files, FRS, SDDS, etc)
- Proficient at assembling project budgets
- Familiar with industry standards and trends
- Capable of managing a project utilizing project management tools such as MS Project, etc.
- Demonstrates a proficient understanding of equipment, instrumentation, and materials of construction to design, specify, procure, start-up, fully commission and troubleshoot equipment and systems
- Capable of performing risk assessment and FMEA
- Creates and implements corporate (across all campuses) engineering policies, procedures, guidelines and SOP’s
- Capable of effectively negotiating contracts, bids, and change orders with vendors or contractors for complex equipment or systems
- Proficient at producing detailed engineering reports that provide viable and cost effective alternatives for equipment or systems of moderate to complex design
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5-10 years of relevant process engineering experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with Technology Transfers, Technical Risk Assessments, and Product Control Strategies.
- Clear awareness of process safety risks.
- Demonstrated understanding of the product development process.
- Able to evaluate potential innovative technology areas relevant to products.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.