22 Jul, 2021
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Oil & Gas
Petrochemicals & Refining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join our growing team in the Edmonton office. The successful candidate will be engaged in projects in the refinery, oil and gas and petrochemical industry.
We are seeking experienced engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to meet our client’s requirements. Applicants with strong technical skills and a background in Refining, Petrochemical unit design (including CDU, VDU, Hydroprocessing, and thermal cracking) or gas processing should apply.
The role will include:
- Prepare and check process simulations, PFDs, HMBs, and PIDs
- Review and check the design for vessel, pump, line and control valve
- Review and check the safety valve relief load calculation (as per API standard)
- Prepare design basis, philosophy and control narrative
- Conduct depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, vendors and client
- Work will range from conceptual studies through detailed engineering.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate shall:
- Be a professional engineer and currently registered or eligible for registration with APEGA
- Have a minimum of 15 years’ experience with the majority spent working in refining, petrochemicals or oil and gas
- Preferred to have a minimum 5 years EPC experience which including lead roles.
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills.
- Must be able to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to coordinate with team members in other locations across multiple projects.
- Must have working knowledge of Hysys, ProII, and HTRI
- Experience of participation in HAZOP, HAZID and SIL rating studies preferred
- Hands on experience in simulation software and design tools
- Experience in basic engineering, FEED and detail engineering projects for oil & gas, refinery and petrochemical
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Email this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.