22 Jul, 2021
Johannesburg, South Africa
Minerals & Mining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is leading some of the world’s most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities. We have a current opportunity within our Johannesburg Mining & Minerals Office, for a suitably qualified Lead Process Engineer to join this innovative team. You will join likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified, experienced and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities.
This position requires strong technical and managerial leadership skills. The successful candidate will be leading a team of process engineers across multiple offices and will be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment providing engineering expertise on one of the largest copper concentrator projects in the world.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To manage the delivery of best practice process plant design and associated in alignment with company organisational objectives and client requirements.
- To be the prime point of contact for all communications relating to process engineering.
- To ensure all process work is conducted in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Accountable to manage designated process engineering teams to ensure appropriate quality and best practice in processing engineering.
- Accountable to manage the process of preparation of designated study, project and proposal documents to ensure quality and accuracy of information.
- Accountable to ensure delivery of process services to designated study, project and proposal teams on or ahead of schedule and on or under budget.
- Accountable to participate in and contribute to the change process within the Process Group.
- Accountable to manage designated process engineering teams to ensure correct procedures are followed.
- Accountable to set-up and communicate a formal procedural structure for process engineering deliverables
- Quality of documentation and process information provided.
- Client satisfaction as a measure of alignment with client needs.
- Contribution to company success in securing business and maintaining profitability.
- Contribution to enhancement of value-adding outputs and positive teamwork within the Process Group.
- Contribution to the extent to which change is championed with the Process Group.
- To actively pursue excellent Health, Safety and Environmental performance standards and to encourage all staff to achieve or out - perform the indicated HSE KPI’s of the company.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or B Tech in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- In-depth technical knowledge of process plant design and operation, typically gained from over ten years experience in a projects area and a total of 12 years in the mining industry
- Ability to lead and manage teams of process engineers within a diverse study, project or proposal team
- Ability to manage activities on or ahead of schedule and on or below budget
- Ability to deliver best practice plant design, with emphasis on cost-effective engineering
- Ability to communicate process requirements to other members of the study, project or proposal team
- Ability to recognise the commercial implications interest in study, project and proposal execution
- Ability to prepare and deliver oral and written presentations for study and project reports and proposals
- Ability to see and plan across a broad range of project activities
- An understanding of strategic and change management and an ability to participate in these processes
- Be regarded as an industry expert in a Mineral Processing
- Effective communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.