22 Jul, 2021
Port of Shuaiba, Kuwait
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking to recruit Lead Process Engineer to:
- To act at all times in accordance with the Policy on Health, Safety and the Environment
- To lead the process engineering design of Oil Refinery projects in accordance with the agreed client project scope and within approved manhours and budget.
- Ensure that the client business drivers and company performance incentives are fully understood by all discipline personnel being supervised
- Maintain technical integrity within discipline
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Lead the timely preparation of the process engineering and technical safety components of Wood proposals to clients, including :-
- Preparation of design manhour estimates.
- Preparation of project management Plans (PMPs)
- Preparation of design schedules.
- Lead the process engineering and technical safety component of approved work orders to deliver cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Close liaison with project engineers, related discipline engineers and staff within other Wood office to meet the overall project objectives.
- Participate in project reviews including : design reviews, HAZOP, SIL, HAZID, constructability etc.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Supervision of process engineering and technical safety staff, including :-
- Provision of technical direction and guidance.
- Administrative supervision including leave planning, performance reviews, resource planning, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Wood policies, behaviours
- Carry out work in accordance with Wood and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work produced by discipline assigned staff.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
- Assist in developing the knowledge and skills of the discipline assigned staff, including assisting in the training and technical development of engineers.
- Identification of process software tools required to maximise work efficiency.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering
- Minimum 12 years post graduate experience.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the refining and petrochemical industries.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the designation.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.