NESFircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our client, a large Oil and Gas Midstream company, is currently seeking a a Senior Process Engineer for a 1 year contract in Calgary Alberta. This individual must be local or have their own accomodations in the area.
As part of the Liquids Operations Engineering team you will provide guidance and expertise to implement risk-based processes and drive continuous improvement. A guiding principle for risk-based process safety will be to apply appropriate rigor and discipline, while ensuring we are delivering value.
- Provide process safety expertise and considerable practical experience to help the organization identify improvement opportunities and guide those improvements to ensure we are using best practices and implementing sustainable work processes
- Coach leaders on process safety fundamentals, risk management, safe behaviors and process safety culture
- Facilitate Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs), train new PHA Facilitators and guide the development of a reliable Risk Management and PHA practice across all Business Units
- Support governance of process safety processes, standards and performance by developing and reporting key performance indicators, trending and analyzing incidents and other data, participating in audits and other assurance activities
- Support Operations to ensure best practices are leveraged for situational awareness, monitoring and handover, alarm management, operating procedures and competency assurance
- Support the project development process by helping to ensure best practices are employed for hazard identification and risk management, inherently safer design principles, disciplined use of standards and effective handover to operations
- Provide process safety expertise for incident investigations, help teams to consistently identify root causes, effective and sustainable corrective actions and relevant lessons learned that can be leveraged across the organization
- Develop and deliver training and presentations to enhance process safety knowledge, hazard awareness, foster a sense of chronic unease, and support continuous learning
- 10 years of progressive experience in process safety engineering, operations, asset integrity management and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer certification with APEGA
- Proven Industry experience with major hazards in operations and maintenance
- 15 years of progressive experience in process safety engineering
- Experience in Oil & Gas Production, Processing, Pipelines and/or Petrochemicals Manufacturing or power generation
- Technical experience with pipeline and facility integrity management
- Demonstrated ability to manage operational risks to As Low as Reasonably Practicable; as well as implementing and making effective use of Operational Risk Registers
- Experience in project development and pilot projects for new technology and novel applications
- Exposure to regulatory agencies and industry associations
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.