We are looking for a lead level chemical engineering professional for a staff position based in Perth. This will be leading a team of process / chemical engineers and responsible for implementing chemical engineering strategies for maintenance scopes of work, specifically in the chemical cleaning area. The ideal candidate will have come from a downstream, chemical processing or an (operational) O&G background with a strong understanding of high risk facilities.
- Lead the Chemical Cleaning department. This consists of Process / Chemical Engineers who formulate chemical cleaning methodologies for clients and interface with execution specialists responsible for the delivery at site.
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the work scope is successfully planned and executed
- Produce work method statements or peer review methodologies
- Prepare technical papers and presentations for clients to support Chemical Cleaning methodologies
- Manage the procurement of Chemical Cleaning equipment and materials
- Propose innovative equipment and build justification to support Chemical Cleaning asset purchases
- Engage with key stakeholders from the client and other contractors to ensure that the work scope is successfully planned and executed
- Participate in workshops relevant to project including scope definition, HAZIDS / HAZOPS, Lessons Learnt.
- Prepare quotations for labour, equipment and consumables for various projects
- Research relating to new methodologies and activities as may be required form time to time
- Develop strong working relationships with clients
- Provide input on technical aspects of work scopes, equipment requirements
- Engage and provide technical input on innovations and efficiencies
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a chemical / process engineer.
- Experience of working on operational facilities ideally in the downstream, chemical / processing or O&G (operational) sectors.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Senior Process or Chemical Engineer with sound technical knowledge but also significant site experience on oil and gas facilities.
- Experience and involvement in process safety workshops including HAZOPs and HAZIDs
- Demonstrated people management experience
- Any exposure to Chemical Cleaning strategies or equipment (ZymeFlow, etc.)
Roster / work schedule:
- Office based role with site visits (70/30 split)
- Monday to Friday, 38 hour working week
- There will be the need for site trips as and when required, with additional site uplifts and overtime offered for this work.
NES Fircroft job ref - #156537
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.