Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. Working in more than 140 countries, the firm’s designers, engineers, architects, planners, consultants and technical specialists work with our clients on innovative projects of the highest quality and impact. Our East Asia offices employ approximately 3,000 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, advisory services, planning and technical consulting areas. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness. We are committed to applying our expertise, diversity of thinking and independence in the quest for a safe, sustainable and resilient future – for all. This is how we shape a better world. Currently we are looking for a capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
• Monitor, supervise and provide technical and contractual advice to team members for execution of projects from tendering to design work, project planning, procurement and site supervision, commissioning and operation
• Provide strong technical leadership to others in group and to multi-disciplinary project team
• Suggest preventative measures and corrective actions to be taken in the projects
• Lead teams for project delivery
• Build, manage, and mentor a high performance engineering team
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Degree in Chemical / Mechanical / Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in planning, designing and managing environmental infrastructure projects in particular in water, waste and environmental industries
• With professional membership of a recognised institution in Environmental, Chemical Engineering or Industrial field (IChemE, IMechE, CIWEM or equivalent) is a plus
• Strong knowledge in project management and problem solving skills
• Possess dynamic leadership, effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, independent, and able to work under pressure
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese
Candidate with less experience will be considered for the position of Project Engineer or Engineer.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including Global Profit Share scheme, additional fringe benefits of maternity/paternity leave and long-term career development opportunities.
Personal date collected would be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.