We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of over €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of that year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en Objectives:
- Provide leadership to process engineers focusing on development of their capabilities and development of process engineering tools and workflow.
- Guide process engineers to the projects and lead investment project consulting activities such as site selection, feasibility study and plant revamp
- Provide leadership support to investment projects in optimization, development, enhancement and transfer of processes and technologies and ensuring a high quality of process engineering work
- Contribute to projects as Engineering Manager by coordination, monitoring and control of all engineering related activities in all project phases and assume responsibility for schedule, costs and functionality within engineering.
- Within projects ensure the development of high quality engineering deliverables and services by implementation of BASF quality, safety, health and environment guidelines and procedures
- Mobility is required for traveling and staying (short/long term) like Zhanjiang, Nanjing or overseas for project assignments, review meetings, trainings etc.
- Develop and implement trainings for process engineers including P&ID development, standardized usage of process calculation tools and process engineering workflow.
- Develop leadership skills of process engineers required for In-house Owners Engineering and for project execution with Engineering Contractors.
- Provide leadership to process engineers to support timely completion of conceptual planning, extended conceptual planning and detail engineering including the design change management and consistency checks
- Spot Check on process design data for equipment, safety devices according to functional and process requirements.
- Spot check process engineering deliverables such as Process-Flow-Diagram, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, list of wastes & emissions, utility lists and process data sheets
- Spot check the preparation of documents for SHE review and the implementation of respective requirements in project design process and project documentation
- Minimize investment cost and/or total cost of ownership by developing "intelligent & feasible concepts" and using synergies to other plants and facilities.
- Promote enhancement, development & transfer (= ownership) of investment project related processes, engineering tools and technologies
- Support Engineering Manager: Develop project objectives in cooperation with the business unit, assume responsibility for functionality, cost and schedule; coordinate and tracking engineering work between all involved disciplines and all involved contractors and Represent Owner interests towards contractors, vendors, authorities etc.
- Ensure and comply with BASFs SHE group directive, quality procedures, information protection guideline and compliance policy.
- Bachelor degree or higher with major in Chemical Engineering
- At least 15-20 years of experience in process engineering or engineering management
- International work experience is a plus.
- Solid skills of spoken & written English and Chinese & technical English
- Process systems design and/or optimization of major facilities in chemical industry.
- FEED & Detail Engineering of major facilities in chemical industry