06 Jul, 2021
£30,000 - £35,000 yearly
Michael Page Engineering Jobs
About Our Client
The client is a successful blue-chip FMCG manufacturer in Leeds. The business has progressive plans and is going through an exciting period making site and processes more innovative.
The Process Engineer will optimise processes in an FMCG environment:
- To develop and define and maintain the optimum process parameters to ensure the maximum efficiency of equipment and production in accordance with the quality standards set by the company and the technical conditions.
- Process map the product transformation points of your Business Unit Machines
- To develop and maintain instructions and standard operating procedures for production operators.
- To analyze the causes of process failure, loss of packaging materials, raw materials and finished products as well as poor quality products or incidents in quality. Takes part in the development of measures to prevent and eliminate them in the production process, as well as in consideration of incoming complaints for products with the department Quality assurance.
- To introduce proposals for the introduction of advanced technological processes, types of equipment and technological equipment, automation equipment, optimal production modes for products.
- To participate in developing of process sheets and changeover matrixes
- To make proposals on the organization of workplaces to reduce labor costs and improve sanitation and hygiene.
- To propose production technology improvement.
- To participate in projects to upgrade existing equipment, as well as purchase new ones working alongside the Project Leader
- To participate in conducting trial and industrial tests of new types of packaging materials, raw materials and finished products.
- To participate / lead improvement projects, study WCM tools and apply them in practice in improvement projects.
- To participate in the HACCP program, develops measures to reduce risks and guarantee consumer safety in the unit.
- To monitor the standards of the state of production and auxiliary equipment.
- To identify the causes of equipment malfunctions or defects. If necessary, take part in the repair, installation, dismantling, testing and adjustment of particularly complex units of equipment (units and machines) in cooperation with maintenance.
- The training of production operators and engineers. Participate in the annual certification of production operators.
- To develop and maintain a reporting system and working documentation regarding the production process functionality.
- To develop and support production team to create and update WCM activity boards.
- Advise and support, in cooperation with WCM coordinator, production staff on the application of WCM techniques.
- Participate in conducting internal meetings aimed at developing measures to prevent and eliminate non-conformities and reduce losses.
- Accountable for ensuring the raising of unsafe acts and unsafe conditions forms
- Undertake safety and environment training as defined by the SHE team (e.g. IOSH)
- Understand the importance of Process Safety Systems and develop the appropriate skill (e.g. Process Safety Management training) to become fully operational
The Successful Applicant
The successful Process Engineer will be based at the Leeds site and have:
- Computer literacy
- Effective written, verbal and presentational communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge across the site's processes & lines
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strongly driven by a safety culture
- Engineering qualification or Time Served Mechanical/Electrical Engineer with recognised Mechnical/Electrical Engineering Qualification (NVQ Level 3 or quivalent)
- Understanding of FI and Quality tools and processes
- Some experience in statistics & process control tools desirable
- Experience of mechanical drawings and Global Product Specification
- 4M analysis
- Quality Control & improvement
- Impact of human errors on quality
- Control plan
- Product Characteristics and Identification of Critical Items
- Attribute and Variable characteristics
- Classification of Characteristics
- Correlation of Process Parameters with Product characteristics
- Process capability
- Control Charts
- Determination of Process Capability from a Control Chart Analysis
- Statistical Control and its Effect on Process Capability
- Frequency Distribution and Histogram
- Link between Maintenance and Quality
- Attributes Data Analysis
- Methods of Error-Proofing and Full-Proofing
- Basic Statistical Methods
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
What's on Offer
The Process Engineer will be offered a competitive salary whilst working for a very successful and innovative blue-chip FMCG business, helping them further their success by continually improving the processes to optimise production.
Quote job ref
+44 113 388 9021