06 Jul, 2021
At Siemens Mobility Engineering in the Czech Republic, we develop state-of-the-art rolling stock in collaboration with our colleagues from abroad. We focus both on the overall layout as well as on designing particular systems and cross-sectional characteristics. We develop innovative products for urban and rail transport. We are pushing the limits of technology further and are a trend-setter. By creating energy-efficient zero-emission transport systems, we contribute to the fulfilment of the Czech Republic's, European Union's and global commitments related to energy, climate, and the environment.
We don’t consider the application of new equipment as a goal but as a tool to achieve the objective of vehicles having the highest useful value. To achieve this, we need to plan and coordinate our work well and allocate human resources. As we want to continue improving and setting trends in our field, we try to perfect our technical solutions and make the processes and tools we work with more effective and optimised.
In this position, you will mainly focus on:
- The preparation, organisation and management of capacity planning of our projects, including the allocation of human resources
- Continuing collaboration on the development, testing and optimisation of planning processes
- The creation of and updates to an overview of key projects and bids for the entire Engineering department of Siemens Mobility (not only the Czech part)
- Leading planning meetings
- The analysis of results and the management of the process of removing errors and insufficiencies in planning
- The preparation of bid calculations, including their structure
- Collaboration with expert departments across the entire Engineering department (CZ, DE, AT)
- User training and support related to internal planning tools and processes
- Regular reporting and, if needed, escalation to Engineering management
You can mainly look forward to:
- Personal involvement in the creation of innovative types of vehicles in a team of knowledgeable creators
- Co-responsibility for the quality of our vehicles’ development work
- Collaboration with top experts and your professional advancement
- International projects and environment
- Everyday use of a foreign language and business trips abroad
- A friendly team of enthusiasts for vehicles and joint leisure-time activities
- A CZK 50,000 hiring bonus
What should you have?
- Technical or IT university education
- Knowledge of German that enables you to perform professional work, basic knowledge of English
- Experience with managing processes and making them more effective in engineering or development, interest in the procedural aspect of product development
- Interest in IT tools – not in their programming, but their testing, optimisation suggestions, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel; knowledge of MS Dynamics a plus
- Structured actions and thoroughness
- Presentation and communication skills, team spirit and the ability to assert yourself (also in a foreign language)
- The ability to make decisions independently
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (Austria, Germany)
What can you look forward to with us?
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 48,000, which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Send us your CV in English, stop by for a coffee, and get to the heart of the transport of the future with us! :-)