LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
This position has the primary responsibility for defining and maintaining the control strategies for their Asset Team, including the DCS - Basic Regulatory Control and the Advanced Process Control (APC) applications. The Process Control Engineer will be responsible for identifying and implementing new control applications to improve process throughput, profitability, stability, reliability, and safety. This position generates a broad range of challenges that require routine interaction with other work groups to ensure maximum value is derived from the control systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Define, develop, and document DCS regulatory control strategies for process stability and process safety
- Work with Process Engineer and operations to develop complex regulatory control loop strategies and narratives for improving and optimizing the process
- Conceive, justify, design, and commission new APC applications and inferential product quality controls
- Validate and document benefits of APC and optimization applications and other process improvements; while maintaining and auditing existing APC applications
- Drive management of change and lead evaluations for control system changes
- Provide technical expertise in Process Safety Management activities which could include Alarm Management, PHA, MOC, Safety Critical Equipment/Variables, Incident Investigations, and work process
- Participate in daily console huddles, asset team meetings, and site update meetings
- Provide technical consultation, formal and informal training, and development of documentation, standards, and procedures in relation to their role
- Provide diagnostic troubleshooting, tuning, and monitoring as necessary to ensure problems are quickly and properly corrected
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree, preferably in Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of five years of industry experience in the petrochemical or refinery industry
- The individual should understand process engineering theory and control theory fundamentals and the ability to model and control petrochemical processes
- Ability to design, configure, and troubleshoot control schemes and modify graphics
- Demonstrated experience with Advanced Process Control in chemical and/or refining facilities
- Candidates must have excellent leadership, organization skills, ethics, teamwork, and communication skills with a results oriented commitment
- Ability to facilitate the rationalization and documentation of process alarms
- The ability to manage multiple and changing priorities is essential
- Innovative thinking to solve complex process issues
- Key Applications include Honeywell TDC3000 and Experion, Aspen DMC, Aspen IP21, PAS Plant State Suite
- Technical understanding of Refining processes is an advantage
- Experience of Honeywell distributed control systems
- Experience in APC modeling and economic evaluations
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.