LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.
The purpose of the job is to support the transformation of the Manufacturing organization from regional/local based processes to a centralized function with globally led processes.
A primary role as Manufacturing business process engineer is Manufacturing Business Process Architect (BPA), which provides business process support to Manufacturing in order to ensure the continuous alignment with Manufacturing and IT Services. An additional key role as Manufacturing business process engineer is interfacing with the sites and other mfg. departments to support the knowledge harvesting and transfer processes utilized to capture and transfer expertise and to facilitate business process improvement collaboration.
BPA (Business Process Architect)
• Partner with IT and other functional Process Architects to drive end-to-end process view for projects/initiatives and ensuring such projects align with broader Company strategy.
• Business case development responsibility – Supports the evaluation of new process solutions against the present process model and develop business benefit/cost analysis.
• User requirements definition – Work closely with Manufacturing to document clear business requirements to support improvement opportunities
• Solution proposal approval – Review and approve the functional design of a proposed solution prior to scheduling.
• User acceptance testing – Ensure that adequate user acceptance testing is done on every change.
• Oversight of the IT change request prioritization including approving/denying requests based on merit
• Establish and maintain a process to identify issues, perform root cause analysis and establish appropriate mitigation plans to drive issues to closure. Document current state identifying cross functional disconnects and interface issues.
• Work with Technical staff to assist with the design, develop and implementation of automation alternatives
• Work closely with business users and management to utilize IT systems and tools to drive operational excellence
KH&T (Knowledge Harvesting and Transfer)
• Lead front end critical knowledge area surveys, in partnership with HR, with manufacturing for scope identification
• Support business case justification and manage the projects using a project management process structure
• Learn the KH&T skill set to harvest the knowledge for capture and transfer to support expertise knowledge transfer and business process improvement
• Integrate KH&T deliverables across high value roles and activities across mfg. (Reactive Hazards, troubleshooting, start-ups, optimization, etc.)
• Integrate learner’s perspectives into knowledge transfer deliverables requirements for the KH&T deliverable designers
• Align KH&T deliverables with engineer and operator discipline
• Define the business case justification for digital knowledge transfer tools such as visual operating window and decision guidance tool pilots and justification for scale up
• Learns best practices in other industries that can add value to our businesses
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Required 5+ years of experience in manufacturing
• Petrochemical experience preferred
• Experience with capital project planning / budgeting including analysis of project value and return
• Experience in a global, fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment.
• Demonstrated experience in process management
• Candidate must demonstrate strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills to become a uniting force that can articulate and sell the benefits of solutions.
• Skilled in communication with various organizational levels.
• Must be capable of establishing influential and collaborative relationships at various levels of the organizational.
• Must be able to build repour with SME’s and end users to build effective relationships needed to harvest knowledge
• Has a working level skillset in project management and capital budgeting
• Demonstrated business acumen skills needed to develop business cases
• Strong skill sets in Office 365 products as well as other IT tools
• Demonstrated creative thinking skills to meet the end user needs in an efficient and effective manner
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.