Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer (f/n/m) in Muttenz (BL), Switzerland.
In this role you will be an integral part of process engineering activities for new Active Ingredients as well as optimizing and supporting established Active Ingredients manufactured at our plant in Muttenz. The plant is located at Infrapark Baselland in Muttenz, and the proximity of the plant to our Technical Development Centre in Muenchwilen will facilitate the transition of new products from pilot plant to full scale manufacture.
- To provide process engineering input to all aspect of tech transfer and process relocation projects to Muttenz site in close collaboration with project engineering and plant management
- To develop and introduce chemical processes for new intermediates and/or active substances in close collaboration with Muttenz Process Technology team and Münchwilen Process Technology Department
- To lead troubleshooting and optimization for processes to increase capacity, improve quality, reduce costs, etc. and make sure that at any given time the process is safe and comply with legal and internal HSE rules
- Process engineering input for Scope Definition and Basic Engineering for projects, integrating HSE consideration in all design aspects
- Use of design codes and established practices for equipment sizing and process performance analysis
- Plan and control/carry out laboratory work, semi-technical and full-scale plant trials to develop and test new and improved manufacturing processes in order to meet agreed Supply Chain targets and improve the asset utilization of Muttenz site.
- Communicate with other functions (internal & external) to exchange information and results for the direction and monitoring of development work and project engineering work.
- Ensure project data and information is stored in an electronic format and prepare technical reports to record and share the results of experimental programs, laboratory work programs and plant tests.
- Actively participate in technical networks to increase overall knowledge/competence and to develop areas of expertise
- PhD or M.Sc. with up to 5 years of practical experience in manufacturing environment, process development or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English and German
- Sound knowledge of process engineering topics (sizing, rerating, establishing design basis for suppliers, etc.)
- Awareness of relevant HSE rules and regulations
- Basich chemistry knowledge
- Knowledge of systems for process change and the potential implications on product quality – formulation, regulatory, etc.
- Awareness of Supply Chain and financial systems impacted by the of development work
What we offer:
- Scientific and technical excellence
- Contribution to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- Continuous professional development and high scientific standards are foundations of our culture
- Well-equipped laboratories and experienced colleagues
Sounds like your next step? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates).
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.