Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
As the Production Process Engineer, you will:
- Perform process evaluations in response to challenges or opportunities faced by the Formulations Units.
- Develop process tools to insure high-volume formulation precision.
- Drive innovative solutions to optimize the efficiency or expand the capacity of an existing process.
- Troubleshoot process/equipment issues.
- Provide front end process designs, process descriptions, equipment specifications, and other process data necessary to enable detailed project design for small capital projects (<$100k). Champion process scopes and projects through the Process/Project process.
- Lead the process design effort for new formulations to include completion of batch programming, MES, and SAP
- Assume role as lead contact between GSO T&E and Omaha Formulation Units.
Accountabilities also include:
- Construct initial BOMs for new and changed formulations for theoretical consumption and scrap/loss.
- Analyze performance to standard (usage variance analysis) with operational leads.
- Recommend cost sheet factor changes as required.
- Monitor AI content of incoming actives, for standard and variance purposes.
- Assure Formulations Units are making quality product in the quantity required to meet sales.
The Production Process Engineer will:
- Perform process evaluations in response to challenges or opportunities faced by the formulation’s units including efficiency or expansion type projects.
- Provide close support to formulations units during formulation campaigns and new product introductions.
- Interact with the Omaha site planning team during the new product introduction process.
- Interact with the Area Engineer, Supervisor and operators to provide unit instructions.
- Provide PRA assistance for the Omaha Site.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address HSE and process safety, and other regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with product development in the scale-up and launch of new formulations at the Omaha site.
- 3+ years of relevant process or production experience desired, but not required.
- Travel Requirements – 5%
- Undergraduate degree in Chemical engineering or Chemistry desired, but not required.
- Expert-level with processing and formulation equipment, plant layouts, and concepts/procedures for equipment design and sizing.
- Expert knowledge of applicable regulations for chemical plant safety and environmental regulations.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in process evaluation, troubleshooting, and design.
- Ability to work with teams and within a matrix organization involving those at various levels of the site. organization.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Strong concern for maintaining HSE and Syngenta standards and technical integrity while under pressure to meet challenging targets and tight timelines.
- MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
- Rockwell batch programming
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do.
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution.
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others.
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year.