SABIC`s Technology network consists of more than 1500 employees across six research- and ten application centers around the world. The Technology organization supports SABIC’s global businesses in realizing its objectives by providing Best-In-Class Technology solutions. Within the SBU Petrochemicals, the ETP & E3P Technology Group develops new products, applications, and processes amongst others for Polycarbonate or PC. The LF PC and BPA Technology department in Bergen op Zoom has an opening for a process development engineer working on the process development and improvement of interfacial polycarbonate and BPA, which is the key raw material for PC.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
As a process development engineer you will be working on technology development projects for the PC business in the professional and international technology organization. Your tasks and responsibilities include:
• To improve the interfacial PC and BPA production processes in terms of output, quality, reliability, consistency and costs.
• To work in a multidisciplinary setting within the Technology organization where you will collaborate with different disciplines in Technology, the Business and the Manufacturing environment where project approval, execution and implementation need to be secured.
• Mentor a small team of technicians who operate the lab equipment on a day-to-day basis, define their planning of activities in order to achieve your goals, and secure safety in the relevant labs.
• To define, execute and manage development projects. You have to align goals and priorities and identify the activities and resources needed to achieve these goals.
• To develop and communicate a vision of new developments in interfacial PC and BPA process technologies.
• You are educated to university level in chemical engineering or process technology (Master or PhD), and preferably have experience in PC, BPA or aromatics process engineering research or other related industrial process engineering research.
• You are willing to grow your experience within process development in an industrial R&D environment in the field of PC and BPA.
• You are a critical observer as well as a conceptual and analytical thinker.
• You are able to spot opportunities for existing and new processes and translate these into value propositions for the business.
• You are able to present your project proposals and results in a convincing manner to both business and manufacturing management.
• You have a strong interest in gaining experience in crystallization, experimental work at lab scale, translating lab to plant, modeling, design and operation of unit operations of BPA production processes.
• You are able to keep abreast of the state of the art in process technology and gain knowledge of associated fields and disciplines.
• You are a team player but you are also able to work independently on your contribution.
• You have a persevering and challenging attitude towards your work environment, but you can also accept other views.
• You are fluent in oral and written English. Dutch is a plus.
• Experience is preferred.
Interested in this position?
Please apply on-line by sending us your CV and motivation letter in English. Due to data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. For additional questions you can contact: Glenn Duggert, Corporate Recruiter on +31 6 15887339. The application closing-date is July 6th 2021.
Please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment are part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.