Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of elements of new or improved processes as they are transferred from development to production.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams to develop safe, efficient, practical and commercially viable processes to generate a consistent quality API supply fit for its intended use, with essential considerations given to optimizing process yields, turnaround times, and productivity.
- Leads process improvements efforts which improve yields and/or lower production costs, enhancing the overall efficiency and cost effectiveness of the Pharmaceutical Materials production processes.
- Designs and conducts a variety of experiments or plant trials to define process conditions that match or improve plant capabilities to run commercial processes
- Contributes in pilot and validation runs in the manufacturing plant
- Collaborates with Project/Facilities Engineering in capital projects during front-end design (URSs, PFDs, M&E Balances), PHAs, design reviews, commissioning, start-up and operator training
- Leads troubleshooting efforts related to processing and process equipment problems.
- Writes and reviews Batch Records, SOPs, Process Validation Protocols, and other technical reports
- Collaborates with the EHS group on environmental, health and safety related aspects of new processes and process modifications; performs related emission calculations
- Develops process performance tracking procedures and analyzes existing data for optimization potential
Are you the ideal candidate?
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum of 7 years manufacturing or process engineering experience in Pharmaceuticals. Can be a combination of experience and advanced studies
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of commonly used technical concepts and procedures within bulk API manufacturing