DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is currently recruiting for a Process Engineering Team Lead to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com
The Process Engineering Team Lead will play a strategic role in supporting established processes for the Polish and Foundry Value Streams. This position will lead a team of engineers and engineering technicians, creating, and maintaining an environment of innovation and continuous improvement, focusing on strategic priorities - quality/safety, service, growth & value. Provide leadership to their team in resolving technical issues impacting production, investigations of non-conformances/ CAPA’s and process development improvements leading to supply chain optimization. Drive continuous improvements by influencing cross-functional teams comprised of Operations, Quality, OPEX, EHS, Facilities and Manufacturing Engineering. Collaborate on the identification and implementation of capital project(s) which support process improvements and capacity expansion. Develop talent pipeline utilizing the tools and framework within the engineering network.
- Oversee a team of engineers and engineering technicians to support day to day value stream activities in polish and foundry, in accordance with ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR Part 820.
- Provide process engineering support through participation in KPI board reviews and pulse walks ensuring operations is meeting their SKU level attainment commitment.
- Allocate resources to support internal / external audits and lead investigations related to non-conformances, CAPA or audit observations.
- Support validation documentation for changes/improvements to existing manufacturing processes.
- Initiate and lead process and product improvement programs for cycle time, cost reduction, yield, safety, and quality utilizing process excellence tools and leveraging cross functional teams. Identify and track key performance metrics linked to actionable objectives.
- Support updating procedures, manufacturing specifications, bills, routes, and travelers for product & process changes in the PLM system.
- Appropriately escalates people, process, and product related issues ensuring adherence to appropriate communication practices and inclusion of all relevant functions.
- Support strategy deployment of departmental goals and objectives for process engineering in line with the site level goals and objectives.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for areas of responsibility.
- Leverage the virtual teams through participation and collaboration across value streams.
- Support senior leadership with the development of site strategy regarding polish and foundry in alignment with plant level goals and objectives.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, Quality System Regulations and Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability Performance Standards.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of engineering experience
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing or process engineering
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Process validation experience
- Experience in a Medical Device and/or regulated work environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Persuasive communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to lead in a team-based manufacturing environment
- The ability to collaborate with all levels of management in a cross-functional team environment
- Enthusiasm to develop and foster a culture of innovation, creativity, and knowledge sharing
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Hands on experience with machining processes, metal finishing processes, laser processing or production automation
- Previous experience as in people leadership
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis tools (e.g., Minitab)
- Project management experience
- This position is based in Raynham, MA and will require up to 10% domestic and foreign travel
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.