The Ethicon business a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer supporting the OneMD North American Service Center located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies: Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, and Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. based in Cincinnati, Ohio. The OneMD North American Service Center performs Service and Repair on Capital Equipment for multiple Operating Companies within the Johnson & Johnson Medical Device and Diagnostics Business Sector.
This Senior Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership around the development and implementation of service and repair processes for capital equipment; and ensuring that cost, performance, and customer satisfaction goals are achieved.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work with R&D and Manufacturing to identify service requirements for new products, drive product serviceability, and deliver cost-effective service operations.
- Develop service training, service manuals, and other required documentation to support the service business.
- Provide technical support to customers and worldwide service centers.
- Drive or support the validation of authorized service centers.
- Monitor service performance, analyze results, recommend product improvements, and implement service process improvements. Implement programs to achieve customer satisfaction objectives.
- Apply comprehensive & diverse knowledge of engineering principles and statistical techniques to improve processes.
- Co-ordinate activities with internal & external customers.
- Plan, conduct & direct complex engineering assignments to completion.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for various Service & Repair systems/procedures/functions.
- Mentor Associate and Primary Service Engineers and Technicians.
- May co-ordinate, direct activities of other technical support staff & be responsible for their assignments.
- Follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter work area
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required
- A minimum of 4 years of experience
- applying service engineering/business principles to a broad range of assignments is preferred .
- A Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering is preferred.
- Experience with Design for Serviceability throughout New Product Development process is preferred.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
- Experience with Process Development, and Validation of Manufacturing/Assembly/Service and Repair Processes preferred
- Experience leading outside vendors and suppliers is preferred.
- Experience solving technical service or manufacturing issues is preferred.
- Six Sigma Certification is preferred.
- Experience with Depot Service and Repair activities is a plus.
- Experience with Field Service and Repair activities is a plus.
- Robotics experience is a plus.
- Device networking/connectivity/IOT experience is a plus.
- Assembly equipment Design Experience is a plus.
- Strong communication, influencing, and partnering skills are required.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma or Process Improvement methodologies, or Lean Manufacturing Principals is preferred
- Ability to plan, conduct and direct complicated engineering/business projects to completion, and support service responsibilities for complex products is required.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment is required.
- The ability to make effective management level presentations, write formal reports concerning both technical and business issues, and prepare project plans is required.
- Negotiating/Influencing skills are required.
- Knowledge of Project Management Tools is preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) & ISO 9000 is a plus.
- May coordinate and direct activities of other technical support staff and may be responsible for delegation of their assignments.
- This position is based in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 20% travel domestically and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.