DePuy Synthes Companies, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Process Engineer to be located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com
The Process Engineer will be capable of supporting manufacturing operations in the areas of process development, tool design, machine programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, manufacturing layout, continuous improvement and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability alternatives.
- Supports the needs of assigned manufacturing area in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
- Provides technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.
- Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis and presentation of data and technical writing.
- Leads engineering projects that are less complex, either technically or due to a small cross-functional team. Leads and participates in projects including developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
- Leads and participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Provides day to day support to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
- Writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
- Identifies and implements process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies as e.g. Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Performs gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
- Develops fixtures and designs tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
- Supports new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures.
- Participates in, and in some cases, leads cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance and Product Development.
- Acts as a liaison to vendors with regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures, and their manufacture.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree is required
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in Medical Device or Aerospace industry
- Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification
- Must be willing to support global projects including some travel
- Must be willing to support 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Willing to participate in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions
- This position is located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.