Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company's innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2020 revenues of approximately $8.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
Chemical Engineer opportunities are available at Eastman Chemical Company, Texas Operations manufacturing site. These opportunities could be located in the Technology organization providing engineering technical support for a specific manufacturing area, or they could be located within the staff of the specific manufacturing area itself. Individuals in these roles utilize a broad range of chemical engineering skills on projects that range from small to large. Projects may be urgent support of manufacturing or long-range study projects to improve efficiency or reliability of operations. The engineer will work closely with others in Engineering, Maintenance, Technology, and Manufacturing Operations to assist in achieving their objectives.
- You will be challenged to quickly become an expert in the manufacturing processes you support or lead.
- The job involves a combination of troubleshooting immediate process problems, solving those problems in a timely fashion, and then working to understand, develop, test, and implement preventive solutions.
- Projects may involve optimizing and de-bottlenecking existing processes as well as developing new processes/products.
- Good written and oral communications.
- Data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Execute projects as part of a team, as a team leader or independently.
- Ensure health, safety, and environmental concerns for all projects have been addressed.
- Analyze the technical possibilities for solving process problems and developing new processes.
- Analyze and document the economic value of proposed process solutions and new process concepts.
- Manage project portfolio based on economic and business inputs to priority.
- Must have 5+ years experience in a chemical manufacturing facility
- Previous leadership experience in a chemical manufacturing facility is preferred
- Bachelor (BS) or Master's (MS) degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
Eastman Chemical Company does not provide sponsorship for this position. Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disability/Vet Eastman Chemical Company is an E-Verify employer.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.