About the role:
This role will report to Group Head of SHEQ and be based within the English Division.
- Travel between sites is required so a driving licence and access to a car is essential.
- A fantastic opportunity to join a green energy production business to support our operational teams.
- This is a dynamic role, working closely with all areas and functions of Bio Capital, meaning the ability to build relationships and influence across all levels is vital.
- We offer a welcoming team environment with opportunities to develop your career.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be a team player, with an energy and passion to drive the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality agenda within the business.
- Be proactive and self-motivated with good problem-solving skills
- Have good interpersonal skills, and be able to write clear reports
- Have a Degree/HND in Science, Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Be keen to work towards your NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level Practitioner qualification in Occupational Safety & Health and relevant environmental qualification
- Have 2+ years of experience in SHEQ, process engineering or waste management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide proactive support and guidance on all aspects of SHEQ compliance.
- Proactively work with operational teams to ensure that opportunities for improvement are identified and implemented across the SHEQ.
- Undertake monitoring and auditing of sites/operations and support ISO accreditations.
- Investigate incidents where required and produce thorough investigation reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement.
- Raise awareness on SHEQ issues through development of standards, procedures, toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary.