Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
Working with Pfizer’s dynamic engineering team, you will play a critical role in developing and modifying process formulations, methods and controls to meet quality standards. Your production engineering skills will help in recommending and implementing improvements, modifications or additions that will help in solving problems. You will review product requirements in terms of product development compatibility and help Pfizer determine optimum costs and schedules of production.
As a Senior Associate, your knowledge and skills will contribute towards the goals and objectives of the team. Your focus and ability to meet team targets will help in completing critical deliverables. Your innovative use of communication tools and techniques will facilitate in explaining difficult issues and establishing consensus between teams.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to the completion of projects, manage own time to meet agreed targets and develop plans for short-term work activities on own projects.
- Work closely with technical services to develop and confirm Critical and Key Process Parameters needed for Equipment and Process Validation.
- Report team progress, highlight risks, clarify issues, suggest recommendations and present next stage development plans.
- Operate process equipment, such as fermenters, recovery equipment, depth filtration equipment etc.
- Coordinate, schedule & participate in daily activities of (Current) Good Manufacturing Practices (part of GxP) production in the manufacturing area to meet supply chain needs.
- Facilitate effective project meetings with internal team members and with customers.
- Develop SPC (Summary of Product Characteristics) charts for continuous process monitoring and control.
- Develop and maintain project finances and provide information to support financial reporting requirements and cycles.
- Ensure that the process adjustments are incorporated into the appropriate final version of SOPs, Master Batch Records and Compounding Records.
- Provide trouble shooting and technical support to Pfizer manufacturing groups as required.
- Responsible for participating in the execution of process and cleaning validations as well as related activities and projects including continued process verification.
- Adhere to site safety standards, participate in routine safety training events, and enforce safety and biosafety requirements as they relate to the manufacturing department.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and experience in Pharmaceutical environment
- Experience of project orientated admin/cost control/management
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles within a professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
- Strong technical, management and organizational skills
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Master's degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Experience in automation including DeltaV and equipment validation
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process and equipment, preferably bacterial fermentation and purification processes
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.