Act as SME for Process safety in Project engineering & services department, develop PDP & FEED deliverables, process design, preparation of various engineering deliverables, participate in project safety reviews, review project safety deliverables, provide support to Mega projects, plan & conduct process safety audits in mega projects, lead periodic updating & implementation of EPM SHEM 02.00 & its sub-elements, develop & monitor process safety KPIs & present to SMT on regular basis, provide consultancy services in process safety engineering to Mega & Site Projects.
- Safety: Assure that Process Safety requirements are met in all phases of Mega Project
- Standard: Regulations – incorporation of local regulatory requirement into engineering documentation
- Project Bidding & Consultancy Services
- Process Safety Audits
- HCIS Related:
- EPM EHS Manual (SHEM-02)
- Site Projects: HCIS Related
- Waiver and Clarifications
- Continuous Improvement
- Contractor and vendor evaluation
- Development of staff, advise the process department Manager of deficiencies requiring training for correction
- Mentor any staff assigned to him. He shall be responsible to resolve any issues or to bring them to attention of his Lead Engineer or Process section Senior Manager where applicable
- Develop training, programs and communications that will move the organization into a more preventative mind set towards process safety.
- Interface with EHSS Global and governmental organizations to update latest development in Process safety Management system and Sabic Engineering standards
- Will be the primary representative from EPM for any EHSS Global audits on SHEMS, Quality Assurance audits etc. He will also participate in Root Cause Analysis teams and problem solving activities within his scope of responsibility assigned to him by the section Senior Manager on a specific assignment, study or project.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 20+ Years of experience in Chemicals& Petrochemicals industry, with major experience in PDP + FEED projects
- Must have experience in Process and Process safety Engineering in Petrochemical, Utilities experience , experience in atleast 3-4 large projects of PDP + FEED
- Should be proficient in
- Use of software packages, such as HYSYS, Pro II, HTRI, Aspen Flare Network Analyzer etc. Process simulation capability using the latest process software for process simulation such as ASPEN suite. Material and Energy balance, Preparation of PFD and P&I diagrams, Preparation of Process Data Sheet for Equipment and Instruments. Thermal design and rating of Heat exchangers using HTFS or HTRI software, Pump and compressor hydraulic, Pressure Relief valve capacity calculation and line sizing, Flare network analysis using commercial available software. Microsoft office products. Working knowledge of following - International practices, regulation and standards related to Process and Process Safety - Process Safety concepts in Hydrocarbon processing industry - Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA), Consequence analysis - Value engineering - Working knowledge of SABIC/International Codes, Standards, Industrial Practices and Regulations. Preparation of proposal. Able to - Participate in Safety reviews and Process Hazard Analysis
- Experience in the following - Complete project cycle (basic engineering and detailed engineering including construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning support) of green/ brown field projects is ideal. - Resolving operational / design issues - Process design specifically related to PDP & FEED - Pre-tender stage design - Scheduling, man-hour control, productivity and status reporting – Secondment. Typical FEED project size of circa150.000 hrs. - Up to date with the latest technical developments in the respective fields of expertise• Supporting Procurement in meeting clients/vendors
SABIC is a global diversified chemicals company, headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. SABIC manufactures on a global scale in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific, making distinctly different kinds of products: chemicals, commodity and high performance plastics, agri-nutrients and metals.
SABIC supports its customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end-use applications such as construction, medical devices, packaging, agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation and clean energy. Production in 2019 was 72.6 million metric tons.
SABIC has more than 33,000 employees worldwide and operates in around 50 countries. Fostering innovation and a spirit of ingenuity, SABIC has 12,540 global patent filings, and has significant research resources with innovation hubs in five key geographies – USA, Europe, Middle East, South Asia and North Asia.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Statement
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.