Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet.
We are currently looking for a Formulation Process Engineer (m/f/d) to join the Formulation & Packaging Engineering Group in Münchwilen, AG. As a member of the team you will play a key role in the development activities for Syngenta finished products.
• Provides the process engineering capability for a portfolio of development and manufacturing support projects and delivers the robust scale up of formulation manufacturing processes from laboratory through to full scale manufacture
• Provides expertise in defining the design of present and future manufacturing facilities for formulation, fill and pack in regards with safety, capacity, flexibility, cost and quality.
• Supports the execution of capital investment projects at our manufacturing facilities
• Designs pilot plant and full-scale manufacturing trials - writes operating procedures, trains operating team, provides technical supervision, documents the outcomes and identifies next steps
• Delivers the scale up of formulation processes from laboratory to full scale manufacture
• Works within our multi- and cross-functional project teams to define, plan and execute major investment projects for formulation manufacturing assets (projects in the order of magnitude of 1 to 10 Mio CHF); taking ownership of the technological aspect of the project in order to maximize manufacturing capacity, flexibility, and minimize manufacturing costs.
• Leads technology transfer teams for inter-regional transfer or re-resiting of products, and is the technical lead in product establishment and a member of the technical start up team for new processes and equipment at Syngenta manufacturing sites or tollers
• BSc or MSc in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines.
• Minimum 5-year experience in a production environment or support functions associated, e.g. maintenance, commissioning, plant design, etc.
• Understanding of broad chemical engineering principles and unit operations.
• Capability to work in diverse, multidisciplinary teams within an international business.
• Strong team-worker, with excellent communication and influencing skills and the capacity to work independently.
• Fluent spoken and written English and German.
• Able to spend 10-15% of time on business travel across the year, mostly in Europe and for short duration on each occasion (e.g. few days)
What we offer:
• Contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
• Work in interdisciplinary teams
• Flat hierarchy and an open culture
Interested? We are looking for your application!
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.